It is my honor and a great privilege to assume the role of President of the Kansas City Section of the International Society of Automation for the 2016 -2017 term. As my term as President of ISA KC Section has just started, I would like tell you about the exciting and wonderful events that we have scheduled for our members this term, the section vision, and the section goals.
To provide an avenue for the continued technical and professional development of Instrument, Control Systems (I&CS) and Automation Professionals in the Kansas City Metro Area.
Goals for 2016 – 2017
- Provide a professional network for I&CS, and Automation professionals.
- Provide technical training for its members and professionals
- Provide professional development training for it members and professionals.
- Provide tools consisting of procedures and standards
- Increase our current ISA KC membership by 5%
- Increase our meeting attendance by 15%.
- Establish an ISA Student Chapter at KU.
- Award a deserving Engineering Student a scholarship of $1000+ for the Spring 2017 Semester
- Increase our social media presence by having regular posting goals to LinkIn, Facebook, and Instagram
At 200+, it is the highest in recent history. We can attribute some of this to our regularly held networking events. Our next networking event will be held in August.
We launched our new website in October and it has recorded the highest traffic ever. We also streamlined the registration process to make accounting easier.
Our First Social Event for 2016
2017 will be held on August 16, 2016 and will be at Breakout KC.
September Meeting is set at lunchtime with Dan Pflumm providing a technical presentation on Thermal Dispersion Flowmeters on September 13, 2016.
Finally, I would like to thank Nick Johnson and his board for the marvelous job that his team did for the 2015 – 2016 ISA KC term. It was a joy to serve on his board and work toward putting together the programs that were provided last term. His shoes are certainly hard to fill going forward and I will have a great resource with him on my board.
I am confident that you will be greatly served by the programs that we have planned for the 2016 – 2017 term.